Rosemary Baked Chicken Thigh
This recipe makes a filling dinner for a table of 4. It could be a dish to make on a weekend night for the family.
I love to eat any form of roasted chicken with crispy skin. The golden color of the skin always makes the chicken seem so delicious! The trick to this recipe is first to pan fry the chicken before placing in the oven. The pan- frying process gets rid of any extra moisture in the skin, so when you bake it, you can get super crispy skin!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 8 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 sprigs Rosemary
1. In a mortar, slowly add olive oil to the minced garlic to form almost a liquid-like paste. Keep grinding the minced garlic. Add in some white pepper powder and mix well.
2. When the garlic, olive oil paste is ready, rub the chicken thigh with the paste. Make sure to rub the bottom as well to give it its full flavor.
3. Heat up a shallow pan at high heat. When the pan is ready, pan fry the chicken thigh for 4 minutes each side. (So total 8 minutes).
4. Place the chicken thigh in a baking pan.
5. In a bowl, mix together crushed rosemary, fish sauce, and salt & pepper.
6. Rub the chicken thigh throughout with the rosemary mixture. Add the remaining sauce into the pan.
7. Place 2-3 sprigs of rosemary on top of the chicken thigh.
8. Then bake at 200’C until the skin is golden brown (around 20 minutes). - you can always test with a toothpick if you’re unsure about its doneness.